This cartridge was originally adopted by Denmark as a military cartridge during 1896. All cases were produced by Haerens Laboratory with date stamps ranging from 1896 to 1914. Military loadings had jacketed bullets and sporting loadings had lead bullets. Reloaded cases are indicated by a star on the headstamp and some cases indicate multiple re-loadings. The use of this cartridge was mainly limited to Denmark.
See also Metric Military rifle