Originally designed by Ralph Waldo Miller in the early 1940’s. His radical design had a single radius transition from shoulder to neck. The first cartridges of his design bore the name of M.V.F. (Miller Venturied Freebore). Later on, he teamed up with E. Baden Powell, a self-proclaimed ballistic expert, who changed the name of Miller’s cartridges into P.M.V.F.; Powell-Miller Venturied Freebore. Much later, Powell and Miller sold the cartridge designs to the Hollywood Gun Shop who marketed the identical P.M.V.F. cartridges as C.C.C.; Controlled Combustion Chamberage.