The following from Fleming: “The 450 2-5/16” NEW SOUTH WALES should actually be called the “450 short chamber Boxer-Henry carbine cartridge”. It was designed around 1870 for use in a Henry Cavalry Carbine. This carbine was used extensively by Australia’s Military and their New South Wales Police at least through 1876. It was loaded with a 380gr. lead paper patched bullet and 70gr. of blackpowder”.