Developed during the 1870’s for falling block single shot rifles by Westley Richards made under the Deeley & Edge patents.
The blank is by Eley (headstamp is ELEY – № 1 CARBINE -)
Also listed as a Cadet round. The Braendlin Armory in Birmingham was in operation from 1871 and closed down in 1888. Also used as a commercial name by GREENER until around 1918.
The 2 specimens below were made by Kynoch under contract for Romania