Introduced by Ernest August Vom Hofe in 1934 and remained in mainstream commercial production until about 2000. Cartridges manufactured until 1939 were produced by DWM. Runs of the cartridge have been undertaken by Horneber and Wolgang Romey subsequently. The case was originally based on the 6.5x61R Swedish case and listed as part of the DWM 431 case series being listed as 431R. Cartridges with the jDWMj K 431M K headstamp are well documented even though it is a 1937 date stamp. The cartridge was re-introduced after WW2 circa 1955 by Walter Gehmann who had acquired the vom Hofe trademark. DWM, IWK (Post DWM) and Norma manufactured cartridge cases for W Gehmann. The rimmed cartridge is a lot less popular than the rimless cartridge.